South Sudan Oil & Power 2019
Resumption of production at several key oilfields in South Sudan, a landmark peace deal celebrated in October 2018, and unprecedented cooperation with neighboring Sudan point to improving investment conditions for the energy sector in South Sudan this year.
Delegate passes are $500 for companies headquartered in South Sudan, $1,000 for companies with their headquarters outside the country.
Africa Oil & Power is proud to once again produce the South Sudan Oil & Power conference in partnership and with the endorsement of the Ministry of Petroleum of South Sudan on October 29-30, 2019. Our 2019 event promises to be bigger than ever before:
- Partnerships with the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Energy and Dams
- 600 delegates expected at an expanded venue
- Speakers from all major operators in the country
- Local private sector presenting partnership opportunities
- Exhibition stands
- A grand inauguration ceremony
- Presentations from international investors now entering the country
SSOP 2018 opened up new partnerships and investment for South Sudan, including South African refinery and pipeline projects signed in the wake of the conference and agreements, concluded between the petroleum ministries of Sudan and South Sudan.
With a special focus on finance and new investment in South Sudan and cross-sector involvement from government and private enterprise, SSOP 2019 is the official venue for dealmaking and dialogue on South Sudan’s energy and investment future.
Registration is now open. Join us at The Crown Hotel, Juba on October 29-30, 2019.
Plan your trip to Juba and take advantage of our Executive Package.
South Sudan Oil & Power 2019 is held under the auspices of H.E. Gen. Salva Kiir Mayardit, President of the Republic of South Sudan.
To find out more on South Sudan download The Africa Energy Series: South Sudan 2017 investment report. The report was produced in partnership with the Ministry of Petroleum of South Sudan.
KeynotesBecome a speaker
PanelistsBecome a speaker
Mr. Ayuk has been advising major companies on investment strategies, the establishment of joint ventures and cooperation structures, privatization, licensing and related tax, OHADA, Equatorial Guinea law, oil and gas, local content, litigation, negotiations, governance and other matters. He also frequently advises international oil companies, governments, oil service companies, financial institutions, development banks and construction firms across Sub-Saharan Africa.
Alpha Commercial Bank is a joint venture national bank in South Sudan with local and international stakeholders. The bank is playing a vital role in the development of the oil and gas sector, including providing financial services to state-owned oil company Nilepet.
Registration and Networking
Opening Speeches• Guillaume Doane, CEO, Africa Oil & Power
• NJ Ayuk, Executive Chairman, Africa Energy Chamber
• H.E. Awow Daniel Chuang, Minister of Petroleum
• H.E. Dhieu Mathok, Minister of Energy and Damns
• H.E. Salvatore Garang Mabiordit, Minister of Finance and Planning
• H.E. Taban Deng Gai, First Vice President of South Sudan
• Ministers of Petroleum of Kenya, Egypt, Sudan, Uganda and Somalia
Inauguration Speech by the Honorable Guest, H.E. Gen. Salva Kiir Mayardit, President of the Republic of South Sudan
11:00 - 11:30
Coffee and Networking Break
11:30 - 13:00
Presentations and Operational Updates• Nilepet
• Dar Petroleum Operating Company
• Greater Pioneer Operating Company
• Sudd Petroleum Operating Company
Exploration and Production: New Opportunities• CNPC
15:30 - 16:00
Registration and Networking
09:30 - 10:45
Panel: Financing the Future of South Sudan
10:45 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:30
Panel: Oilfield Technology -- the Key to Sustainable E&P
13:30 - 14:45
Panel: Oil and Gas in the Community
14:45 - 15:45
15:45 - 16:00
16:00 - 17:00
Panel: Domestic and Regional Policy as Drivers of Growth
17:00 - 17:30
Closing Ceremony• Hon. Awow Daniel Chuang, Minister of Petroleum
• H.E. James Wani Igga, Second Vice President of South Sudan
18:00 - till late
Cocktails and after-party
South Sudan Oil & Power partners with leading industry and business publications and media groups, so that the stories of our sponsors, speakers and delegates reach a global audience.
Registration is now open.
Join us at The Crown Hotel, Juba on October 29-30, 2019. Delegate passes cost $500 for local companies and $1,000 for international companies. Only sponsors can attend the Gala Dinner function.
- Egypt Petroleum Minister to Speak in Juba at South Sudan Oil and Power SSOP 2019 is poised to create investment opportunities across the energy value chain.
- Minister of Petroleum: South Sudan Tackles Oil Sector Finance in 2019, Will Open Blocks in 2020 This investment will increase activity in the country’s upstream sector.
- South Sudan Will Launch Petroleum Licensing Round, Environmental Audit AOP Events in Cape Town & Juba to launch Petroleum Licensing Round, Environmental Audit.